Photography Weblog

Photography through your eye..............

Sunday, January 7, 2007

Tips For Buying Fine Art Posters

To be honest, I'm not an expert when it comes to interior design or home decorating. When you visit my home, you will see that I don't have the most expensive furniture, my fabrics and colors aren't coordinated, and I don't make the best use of space. You can be sure that you won't be seeing any pictures of my place in a "Better Homes & Garden" photo shoot in the future.

However, the case is different when it comes to my walls. In my opinion, there's nothing more depressing than a home with bare walls. As a result, I go out of my way to make sure that mine are covered with interesting things to look at. Some of my favorite wall hangings are the framed fine art posters that I've purchased over the years.

I would love to fill my home with original artwork, but I’m not wealthy enough to do that. Fortunately, I've found that I can add a touch of beauty to my home at a reasonable price through fine art posters. I can get everything from famous masterpieces by Da Vinci, Van Gogh, Picasso and lesser-known works by relatively obscure artists because there are literally thousands of fine art posters available.

Purchasing fine art posters from websites that specialize in them is the best way to obtain these posters. This is because you'll get a limited selection and higher prices if you try to buy your posters from a museum gift shop or from a regular store. You can save money through these websites because they often have special sales promotions.

You should buy frames for your posters so that they will look good when they're up on your walls. There are several framing options at your disposal. Websites that sell fine art posters often offer beautiful frames for their posters. Convenience is the advantage of buying pre-framed fine art posters. You'll be able to put the framed piece on the wall in just a few minutes once the package arrives at your home.

Buying the frame separately is a second framing option that you have for your fine art posters. This option is usually less expensive than buying pre-framed prints. However, you'll have to take precise measurements and then search high and low for a frame that is the perfect size, and complements the piece that you plan to showcase. I would not recommend buying frames for your posters separately because this is not as easy as it sounds, unless you have tons of time on your hands and like shopping.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home